Archive for month: August, 2011
The last Saturday in August (27th) brings us the Summer’s End Festival. Organized by the Town of Fairview and supported by local people and businesses, this might be your last chance to get out and enjoy Fairview’s strong community spirit in full sunshine!
Come out to the Festival and enjoy:
- Open Air Markets
- Food Booths
- Local Music, Dance, Athletics
- Children’s Entertainment
- Art in the Park
- Street Dance — Live Band
As the new web site takes form, we are looking for feedback from the general membership. Please take some time to look around the site. If anything here strikes you as really good or really bad, take a minute to submit a comment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. And just to thank you for your time, we’re going to give away $100 in Chamber Change to one lucky submitter.
Just a few rules to keep in mind:
- Each entry must include a comment (positive feedback or recommendation) about the Chamber’s new draft web site, found at fairviewchamber.com.
- The contest is open only to current members of the Fairview and District Chamber of Commerce and their employees.
- Each entry must be submitted by email to email@example.com.
- Submit all the helpful feedback you like, but there will be a maximum of 2 draw entries per person.
- You must include the following information in your feedback: first name, last name, Chamber member name (usually business name) and phone number.
- random.org will be used to select one winner from all valid entries, and the winner will receive $100 in Chamber Change.
- Contest closes 12:00:00 MDT 15 August 2011. The winner will be selected at the August Directors meeting.
This month marks the return of the Mixers, where Chamber members have the opportunity to gather and enjoy the hospitality and ambiance of the hosting member.
Gayle Jonson and her dynamic crew at the Great Canadian Dollar Store are keeping up the momentum of their smash hit diner theme, first seen at the 55+ Summer Games last week, inviting Chamber members in for refreshments and good company this Wednesday, August 10, 6 pm at the store. Way to go, Gayle!